Messages from the President, April 20, 2021

April 2021 Rally Update

As promised I am writing to update our membership on the status of our planning for the 2021 Annual Rally and Business Meeting scheduled for September 12 – 17, 2021 at the Old Mill Casino Hotel and RV Park in North Bend, Oregon.

To all of our members who responded to the survey, thank you! Your responses and comments are greatly appreciated by your Board and the Rally Team.  At this point we have decided to continue with the planning for the 2021 Rally.

While there are still many restrictions in place that would have a very negative impact on our normal Rally activities we are hopeful that things will change for the better.  We hope that the US Canadian border will reopen and the travel restrictions between both countries will be eased to the point that cross border travel will be possible and affordable for our Canadian members.

We will continue to monitor the situation locally and in both countries, we expect to reach a final decision in late June or early July.  We plan to have the Rally Application available by early May and will ask that you respond by the end of June.  In any event we will not deposit any rally payments until the final decision is made.  If that decision is to not have the Rally we will return the checks, if it is a go we will deposit them.

As I have said before and will say many times again, the health and safety of our members is our prime concern.  While we cannot guarantee what the future holds for anyone we want to do what we need to do to protect our members.

The survey results also helped us decide that the 2022 Rally will be held in the area of Mount Rushmore, South Dakota after Labor Day 2022.  That planning has been underway and will continue.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond to the survey.

Art Dunn – President BOCI